Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Baby Boom in Hollywood


I feel like everyone is pregnant EXCEPT me. I look around and I see women after women proudly displaying their baby bumps. I can't blame them. I'd do the same.

Then there is Hollywood and what all these celebrity journalist call "the baby boom." Yeah, it does seem like everyone is pregnant in Hollywood; Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Nicole Ritchie (just had the baby), Jennifer Lopez, etc. I'm happy for them. Really. Especially Nicole Kidman because I believe she had several miscarriages in the past. But I can't help but be jealous. Their lives appear to be so perfect; money, fame, beauty and now a baby. For some of these fortunate women, I can see their real joy. For some, having a child meant more to them than a fad or a photo opportunity. Some like, Jennifer Lopez had been trying for some time and underwent infertility treatments. I'm genuinely happy for them.

However, I can't help but feel that some of these celebrity moms don't deserve their children. Obviously I am referring to Britney Spears. It makes me mad when I turn on the TV and see this spoiled brat parading around in her Benz with these male leeches while her two beautiful baby boys are being raised by nannies and K-Fed. I ask the Lord everyday, why her, why does she get to have children and I'm still childless? It doesn't seem fair.

No comments: