Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm Tired of People Asking


I'm so tired of people asking me about children...NO I DON'T HAVE ANY YET! I'm equally tired of the reply..."No, but we are trying." Yeah, we are trying. We've been trying for years! But I can't say that. I want to say that. I want to yell, "WE'VE BEEN TRYING FOR YEARS AND NOTHING YET...AND I DON'T KNOW WHY! We've had the tests. The results, there appears to be nothing wrong with either of us. Then why can't we get pregnant? They don't have any answers.

Oh, don't think we've haven't heard it all. The best answer came from this jerk doctor who said, and I quote, "You just might have old eggs." Yeah, you read correctly. This idiot actually said that to my face as I sat there practically in tears. I called him Seinfeld because he also like to make jokes during our appointment. Needless to say, we left.

Another doctor's said to me that they can't quite pinpoint the problem because it's probably something that medical science just hasn't been able to detect yet. WHAT?

But the best is "it just isn't happening." WELL THANKS FOR THE INFO DR. KNOW IT ALL!

Sort of obvious, don't you think? And then I had to pay him $325 for the consultation!

I know I'm not the only frustrated "unexplained infertility" woman out there. The worst part about the entire thing is that I HAVE been pregnant before; once when I was too young and then about 6 years ago when I miscarried. That's why I can't stand the questions and the stupid answers I get from the doctors. I can't stand when they say "there appears to be nothing wrong with you." Deep down in my heart I know there's got to be an answer and there will be a solution.

2 comments:

Ien in the Kootenays said...

Dear Mars, I noticed your comment at "Gluten-free Girl" and mosied over for some reason.
I feel for you. Given the choice of losing an anticipated first-born or going through a small death every month, for years, I'd rather have the former, which happened to us many years ago.
(we had 2 afterwards)

You mentioned acupuncture. Good choice. AND: Somehow Reflexology works often for unexplained infertility. Take a class, DIY,
it can even be incorporated into the activity one has to engage in anyhow.

And: are you familiar with Maca?
All the best.

Mars said...

Thanks for your comment. I've heard of Maca. But since I'm starting with the Acupuncture I don't want to mix herbs. That's interesting about Reflexology. I had never heard of it working for infertility. I'll look into that. Thanks again..